Daily Update September 15, 2016
Athens-Clarke County ReadyFest 9/17
First, I would like to thank you for your participation in our first ReadyFest. We are hoping that this becomes an annual event to teach citizens about being prepared for all types of emergencies or disasters.
I wanted to give you some important information that you will need for the event.
- Each vendor is responsible for their own booth set up (canopy, table, chairs, etc)
- Vendors should bring their own refreshments for their personnel (water, snacks)
- There is a gate fee of $2 per person to enter the park. My office will pay for 5 people representing your organization. The park personnel at the gate will keep track of the numbers. Once 5 people from an organization is reached, the vendor will be responsible for the entrance fee. Each person should tell the gate personnel which group they are with. If you are an ACC employee, be sure to bring your county issued ID to avoid the entrance fee.
- There is a zombie theme associated with our festival. Vendors are welcome to dress as zombies and decorate your booth accordingly. However, this is not a requirement.
- There will be 2 games for citizens to participate in and I would like to ask each vendor if they would be able to donate some prizes for these events. It can be anything you wish, especially promotional items from your organization.
- When you enter the gate, turn left at the first intersection. Go around the curve to the community building on the left. You are welcome to park on the street just long enough to unload your equipment. Once you have unloaded, you may park in any location not cordoned off.
- If you have a vehicle that will be on display, parking will be in the lot to the right of the community building. It will be cordoned off.
- Attached you will find a map of where each vendor booth and vehicle are to be set up.
- A flyer is attached for your distribution.
- Vendors may begin their booth set up at 9:00.
- The festival will begin at 10:00 and ends at 3:00
- We ask that vendors do not begin the break down of your booth until 3:00.
- If you need directions on the day of the event or have questions about the park, please call 706-613-3631.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail or cell, 706-621-1702
Beth Burgess, GA-CEM, EMHP
Office of Emergency Management
700 College Ave.
Athens, GA 30601
An email newsletter as a public service Editor
The Georgia Conference on Children and Families - November 2-4, 2016