Authentic YOUth Engagement 1212/17 learning objectives
Authentic YOUth Engagement – what does it mean for YOU?
Tuesday, December 12, 2017, 10:00am - 2:00pm
Authentic YOUth Engagement – what does it mean for YOU? Ever wonder as a practitioner how to engage young people you are supporting? Ever drive home after a day or night thinking how great (and hard) connecting with adolescents can be? Want to spend some time with other practitioners who can relate to similar joys and challenges, and support each other with solutions? Science is revealing what many of us have known in our mission with young people – adolescence holds another dynamic and incredible time of growth and development in the young brain! Having the potential to heal from trauma, and rewire key connections! So what are the keys (opportunities) to unlocking this period of potential? Come join us, as we explore together some key tools and techniques for supporting our greatest resource – our YOUTH!
As a participant, you will:
1) reflect on your own developmental experiences and assets and relevance to your work.
2) increase your knowledge of Adolescent Brain Development and its potential to inform your work with young people.
3) strengthen your foundation from which to engage adolescents in youth-adult partnership.
4) gain experience in utilizing youth-adult partnership in your everyday practice with both young people adult supporters/staff.
5) demonstrate increased skills in the application of Authentic Youth Engagement.
Presenters: Shaquita Ogletree, Policy and Youth Advocacy Coordinator, Multi-Agency Alliance for Children (MAAC) and David Meyers, M.S.W., J.W. Fanning Institute for Leadership Development
Location: The Methodist Home, 304 Pierce Ave, Macon, GA 31204
Cost for training and lunch: $85 (TG members receive complimentary registration--email firstname.lastname@example.org to request code.) link to registration
CONFERENCE WATCH - Georgia Conference on Children and Families
October 17-19, 2018
An email newsletter as a public service Editor
Our MISSION: Together Georgia is a preeminent voice in Georgia's child and family welfare policy-making.
Our VISION: Together Georgia will ensure that member organizations are equipped to serve those that their missions are tied to through distributing emerging data as well as by collaborating with key government figures and pertinent decision makers
Georgia Conference on Children and Families October 25-27, 2017